Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cuttin' Teeth!

June got her first tooth today! I am so super excited for her... Excited for it to be over! She is not very happy, which makes total sense. Sharp teeth cutting through your gums must not feel very good. She is a trooper, though. Poor little baby. I just hate seeing her in pain, but I know it's necessary for like survival and stuff. Just wish it didn't hurt her so! Ah, I sound like such a newbie, eh? It's because I am! Haha!

I was speaking with an old lady the other day (she was at least 90) and she had some words of wisdom for me. She said "Babies have to deal with so much pain that first year. Thankfully they forget it. Thankfully you'll forget it, too!" I was also talking to my mom who pretty much affirmed the old lady's statement by saying "I don't remember much about you as a baby. I remember you were real cute and I loved you a lot. But there are reasons I wore you in the front pack everywhere I went, all day everyday until you could walk." It's such a strange thing how we forget about the less favorable aspects of child-rearing. Selective memory is probably a better term than forget. When you're going through this stuff you wonder "GAH! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS?" and you realize that it's so fleeting, it's just a moment in time, and in five minutes it'll be on to the next event. Then you'll forget about that one a few seconds later. Breaking it down: A) TIME IS FLYING BY. B) I can't believe that one day I might be passing down this helpful advice to nervous new parents such as myself. C) I can't believe that June has cut her first tooth. It seriously feels like I just had her a few days ago. Life in super fast forward!

I hope everyone is well. No pics to post or anything, but I'll get some up as soon as the weather turns. We need some sunshine! And not the liquid variety!

No comments:

Post a Comment